For eCommerce merchants there is a deep sea of check out platforms available for use. Those merchants using Shopify find themselves at an advantage, in particular when it comes to Shopify conversion tracking. For eCommerce merchants it’s all about understanding how they’re driving traffic to their website and more importantly how much of that traffic is resulting in conversions.
Unfortunately many merchants are finding themselves thoroughly confused on where exactly they’re driving the traffic and how much of that traffic is converting. This can make managing their ROI on ad spend a real challenge. Conflicting data from multiple platforms in the sales funnel can leave merchants confused. How is the publisher hosting the merchants ads providing data that is significantly different than the website analytics while the reports presented by Shopify don’t correlate to either?
Example: www.merchantX.com spends $10,000 USD per month on advertising with Publisher F
With an 8:1 return on monthly ad spend most eCommerce merchants would be very excited! But how is the merchant generating this incredible business? Conflicting reports from all three platforms, although provided as a value add to the merchant, can now turn an 8:1 celebration into sea of questions.
How effective is the $10,000 the merchant is spending on advertising? How are these sales being generated?
- Advertising on Publisher F?
- Word of mouth?
- Repeat customers or visitors coming to the website organically?
How does a merchant accurately calculate the ROI on their $10,000 ad spend?
eCommerce merchants can use ClickMeter to bring clarity to their ROI management dilemma. As an independent third party analytics platform with no affiliation to the merchants sales funnel ClickMeter will not only provide clarity to where merchants are driving traffic from but also which traffic is resulting in the most conversions (on a link by link basis).
e-Commerce merchants using the Shopify checkout platform can easily setup Shopify conversion tracking with ClickMeter. Shopify provides their users an easy user interface as well as the ability to use third party tracking platforms. By incorporating ClickMeter eCommerce merchants will have the ability to record, report and analyze:
- Which sources are driving traffic to the merchant’s website (ad spend ROI),
- Which source are yielding conversions (revenue analysis)
- Which products are being purchased through these platforms and channels (inventory analysis)
How to use ClickMeter to track
Sales channels for your Shopify eCommerce
(Shopify conversion tracking)
Setting up Shopify conversion tracking with ClickMeter does not require any coding or web development. Merchants will create create a conversion code within the ClickMeter dashboard with a few clicks of the mouse, paste the the code easily in the Shopify dashboard and in less than five minutes a merchant is setup for Shopify conversion tracking using ClickMeter. Review our FAQ for exact setup instructions.
With each ClickMeter tracking link the merchants creates they will associate the appropriate conversion code to the link and distribute. When a visitor clicks the link either in a post, blog, advertisement or wherever they have up to 30-days (default, can be extended/shortened) to complete the call to action so that ClickMeter can record and report the data in the cloud based dashboard.
eCommerce merchants using ClickMeter for Shopify conversion tracking will have insights into:
- Which sources is driving the most traffic to the merchant website and which sources is driving the most conversions. A platform with high traffic reporting does not translate to high conversion rates.
- Which sources are driving conversion rates. Perhaps a organic social post or content marketing blog was the leading source for conversions. This allows merchants to know where to budget and allocate their ad spend.
- Time date of both the click by the visitor as well as the conversion. This provides great insight for the merchant to understand visitor behavior. How does it take from the click to conversion.
- ClickMeter conversion reporting is dynamic allowing merchants to include specific syntax to record variables like shopping cart value or product ID. This provides eCommerce merchants insight to not only know which products are selling but what specific sources are driving these conversions.
Conversion tracking is available with all ClickMeter premium plans which start at $19.00 USD per month. To learn more about ClickMeter and plan pricing please click here.