After all of the changes that search engines have gone through in the past few years, you might think that article submission websites and article marketing are no longer of use. Actually, Google’s Hummingbird algorithm, along with other major search engines, still rewards links that are from article directories. Submitting articles to directories has many other benefits as well. Article submissions can help you to:
- Showcase your expertise. Articles that share valuable information about your industry will help you gain trust from future clients and build your brand. By sharing expertise through article directories, you’ll start to be seen as a resource and a thought leader in your field.
- Improve your page rank with relevant backlinks: Google likes to see links to your website content from other relevant and highly trafficked websites. Directory sites fit the bill–and the links at the end of each of your articles will in draw more traffic, giving you more credibility with search engines.
- Quickly boost natural search rankings: Other types of content marketing will help you in natural search, but article submission websites can make a difference much faster than merely publishing to your own website and social media. Article submission tools and services are easily indexed by Google and other search engines.
- Increase your website traffic: The more you publish online, the more often you have an opportunity to show up in search results. When your audience reads your article–if it’s useful and interesting to them–they’ll be motivated to click the link and visit your website.
- Bring in leads: All the increased traffic you get will be guaranteed relevant, of course. With your widely distributed articles, you’ll attract not just “random” traffic, but people already interested in your industry, product or service and impressed by your expertise. These are hot leads.
- Get long-term value from permanent links: As long as your topics are relevant, your article will continue to be found on the highly trafficked directory sites and keep sending you traffic into the future.
Convinced? Now check out our list of places for free article submission below. The list was compiled by considering both PageRank and Alexa Ranking.
Submit your high-quality, original articles for more exposure, credibility and traffic back to your website.
There is a minimum word count for the Article Body, 400 words.
PR: 6 Alexa rank: 11,318
Categorised by different relevant sections and thousands of articles are being published daily. One of the best stop for many marketing publishers.
PR: 5 Alexa rank: 233,902
A platform where users can submit articles on different categories and gain traffic to their respective blog or web pages. Mainly used for marketing articles.
PR: 5 Alexa rank: 659,871
Maximum article exposure, reprintable article contents. Articles are differentiated with major categories and users can submit to a vast number of topics.
PR: 0 Alexa rank: 210,908
A human edited web portal with links and listings for several hundred thousand websites – all categorized in an easy to browse manner.
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 27,051
If you are looking for a way in which to share your knowledge, desires, and thoughts or are looking for a way in which to quickly promote your site and/or business for free, A1 Articles may be the solution in which to do this.
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 39,709
The article should have links to your site or resource. Manually look at each article and if too many links are included they’ll trim accordingly.
PR:4 Alexa rank: 7,285,817
ArticleTrader is a free article database. This means that as a website owner or e-zine publisher you may reprint the article(s) from the Article database subject to the terms and conditions.
PR: 3 Alexa rank: 1,237,350
Artipot provides a convenient place for authors to post their articles on a wide variety of subjects. Each article is reviewed by a human editor before being included in the directory to ensure its quality.
PR: 3 Alexa rank: 81,665
Provides free tutorials and articles submission service, our users can publish their articles as soon as they post.
PR:3 Alexa rank: 144,984
Another growing content submission page where people can submit articles in different sections with thumbnails.
PR: 3 Alexa rank: 357,435
Online article directory/article search engine for people that need relative, specific information.
PR: 3 Alexa rank: 557,735
You can find interesting and useful information on most popular themes and you can also publish your own text with an interesting content, after registration.
PR: 3 Alexa rank: 275,145
Small business articles and business information
PR: 2 Alexa rank: 4,925,145
Paid Article Submission Sites
Has a once off registration fee of $9.99. Then offers free articles, free web content, and free article feeds which are submitted by the network of quality registered authors.
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 233,111
For a lifetime cost of $49.95 this directory provides hundreds of links to hand-picked companies and websites in several categories. You’re sure to find the products or information you’re looking for there!
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 264,727
Sites For Publishing Original Content
Community of writers who spend øπltheir time creating amazing content geared towards helping readers either educate themselves or solve a problem.
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 12,589
Publish professional web pages about your favorite topics. Offer an easy way to publish your work and attract readers. Have a community of more than 500,000 authors
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 24,849
Online article search engine and directory for both publishers and authors. With ArticleCube you can search a major article directory on the web.
PR: 4 Alexa rank: 118,676
- 7 Ways to Earn Links To your Site
- The 50 Best SEO Tools
- The 301 Redirect and SEO
- Tips and tools to get your link building campaign started
This blog post is about:
- Marketing tools
- How to create a content marketing strategy
- How to earn backlinks
- Link outreach techniques
Originally published: June 28th, 2017.
Updated: September 12th, 2018.