Content Distribution Strategy: How to Promote Your Blog Posts
If you want to have a successful blog, it’s not enough to consistently write posts. In addition, you need to promote it each time you publish one. This way you can gain new readers and let your current followers know when you publish something new.
There’s no point in writing great content if nobody sees it. So here are some tips to follow if you want to put together a solid content distribution strategy.
Share It On Social Media
After you publish your post, share it across all your social media channels, such as your Facebook business page, Twitter page, and Google+ profile. Social media is one of the most important ways to promote your blog posts and you can use it in multiple ways:
- Post the link to your post with a short blurb that will make your fans and followers want to click on it. For example, include a few words about what the reader will gain by reading your blog post and then attach the link. This method will alert your current fans to new posts and encourage them to click through. You might also gain new followers through public social media avenues like Twitter and Google+.
- Many social media sites can automatically share posts about your newly published blog post. For example, you can use the “Social RSS” application on your Facebook Business Page to set this up. The only problem with this method is that you won’t have the opportunity to include a short blurb that will convince people to click through.
- Writing for the CMI digital marketing expert, Brody Dorland, recommends you send out multiple status updates on social media related to each blog post. Post them over time so more people will see your blog post, and tailor your update to the site you’re posting on.
You will find promoting your blog on social media is more effective if you are regularly active on the various platforms. So post regularly and interact with your fans and followers. Another strategy is to interact with other bloggers via comments or email outreach.
Interact with Niche Groups
Find ways to share your content with people who are interested in the niche you are writing about. You can achieve this through social media groups, such as LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups, and Google+ communities. You can also post on specialized forums specific to your industry or find relevant threads in broader forums. Just make sure that your posts add value to the group or forum so that your links aren’t considered spam. Always include some thoughts along with your link too so that you start a discussion, instead of just promoting your business.
Utilize Other Blogs
It might seem like other blogs are your competition, but that is often not the case. You can find blogs that are in the same niche as you, but which take a different angle or are focused on different subjects. Comment on these blogs with useful information or relevant points, sharing an angle that is specific to your blog. If it allows you to, add your blog URL in the comment form too. Just like with forums and groups, make sure that your comments add value to the blog, and work on connecting with people.
Use Bookmarking Sites
Post your blog post on bookmarking sites like Delicious, Reddit, Pinterest and StumbleUpon. Other people can find your blog post through these sites and even link to your post. Mary Green, the founder of Social Media Fuze, notes that you need to be active on these bookmarking sites for them to be effective as part of your content distribution strategy, so use the sites to consistently bookmark other articles and blog posts you enjoy too.
Share Your Blog Post Everywhere
If you have an e-newsletter, make sure you share your blog posts within it in some way. Add the headline of your current blog post to your email signature so everyone you email will see it. Your email service might even have an app to automatically do this for you. Also, Dorland suggests that you email your blog post link to a targeted list of customers and clients who could benefit from the topic.
Originally Posted: August 20th, 2014
Post Updated: February 08th, 2022
- How to track your WordPress blog
- How to promote your blog post for maximum reach
- Great places to submit your blog
- 5 blogging mistakes to avoid
This blog post is about:
- How to promote your blog post
- Blog promotion tips
- Content distribution strategy
- Promoting your blog